119 W 24th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10011
In 1996, Bill Gates declared “content is king” and that it’s where he expects “much of the real money will be made on the Internet.”
More than twenty years later, content rules the internet. Startups and entrepreneurs have built successful and lasting brands using content marketing. It’s how startups like Glossier, Basecamp, Buffer, KISSmetrics and myriad others have grown to reach millions of people.
Join us on January 17th as we discuss content marketing at the early stages of a company, and how you can use it to grow your business. We’ll discuss:
- Developing a content marketing strategy
- How to think about content marketing when you’re just starting out
- Choosing the right format(s) whether blog, video, podcast, social posts, etc.
- How to prioritize distribution channels
- Helpful tools for content marketing
- Making viral content
- And much, much more!
- Shafqat Islam, CEO & Co-founder of NewsCred (@shafqatislam) – NewsCred is the global leader in enterprise content marketing. As CEO, Shafqat manages the strategic growth of the company, pioneering a new content ecosystem for brands and publishers. Prior to NewsCred, Shafqat was a Vice President at Merrill Lynch.
- Amber van Moessner, Director of Content Marketing at Vimeo/Livestream (@moxieingreen) – Amber is a content strategist, writer, and speaker who has previously worked for The New Republic, Mic News, The Paley Center for Media, and Social Media Week. She began her career as a journalist, writing and creating video for Gawker (RIP), Talking Points Memo, and The Albany Times Union.
Amy Jacobowitz, Director of Content at Common (@amyjacobowitz) – Amy is a Brooklyn-based writer, editor, strategist, and creative. She is the Director of Content at Common, a co-living startup with locations in New York, California, and Illinois. They recently raised a $40 million Series C in December.
- Nick Dujnic, VP Marketing at LiveIntent (@nickdujnic) – Nick leads LiveIntent’s branding, marketing communications & content, public relations, lead generation, design and web efforts. He also hosts an award-winning video blog called LiveIntentional, where he breaks down the biggest news, trends, and tech in digital media using a blend of humor, pop-culture, and plain language.
6:30 – 6:50: Drinks & Networking
6:50 – 7:50: Panel
7:50 – 8:15: Audience Q&A
8:15 – 9:00: More Drinks & Networking
Stacklist hosts startup events in NYC to help entrepreneurs learn from successful founders & experts. Previous speakers have included the founders of Greenhouse, Movable Ink, x.ai, and Techstars. You can find all of our past events and speakers here!
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Alley powered by Verizon for hosting our event. Alley powered by Verizon locations are developed by Verizon, the world’s leading technology company, in collaboration with Alley, a membership-only community workspace for creators. Each location is a curated community powered by the emerging technologies and thought-leadership of Verizon.