2 MetroTech Center, 8th Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11201
Have an idea that’s going to revolutionize the future of work and learning?
OpenED is an innovation challenge to prototype, refine and pitch solutions to reimagine the future of work and learning. Showcase your prototype and fuel your growth by meeting renowned mentors and investors who are passionate about helping you grow. Prove your business potential by pitching to angel, VC and corporate investors, as well as industry professionals and education leaders.
We welcome participants of all ages, backgrounds, experience, and education to attend.
How it Works
Over the course of 12 hours:
1) Form a team: network and collaborate with like-minded people who will help you bring the idea to life
2) Ideate and brainstorm: think up every crazy idea possible, collaborate, and narrow it down
3) Prepare a business plan: identify the problem you’re solving, who your customer is, and how to monetize
4) Design a prototype: visually communicate your solution through a working prototype using some of the best tools in the industry
5) Get mentorship: meet with industry experts to help you with your pitch, business model, and design
6) Prepare a presentation: you’ll have up to 10 slides and 90 seconds to showcase the work you’ve done in the last 12 hours
7) Pitch to a panel of judges: notable founders and advisors who can help validate your idea
- 1 Year Scholarship to Launch Academy’s Lean Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program Online Elite (USD $2,388 Value)
- App-Scoop Development Services (Landing Page, Prototype Development, Logo Design, Web Page Mockups, 1 Year Web Server Hosting, 4 Hour of App-Scoop Expertise for Product Roadmap & Development) (USD $3500 Value)
- Unlimited Full Access to Foundersuite, a portfolio of Management Software Tools
- 1 Year Scholarship to Launch Academy’s Lean Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program Plus (USD $1,188 Value)
- App-Scoop Development Services (Landing Page, Logo Design, 1 Year Web Server Hosting, 2 Hours of App-Scoop Expertise for Product Roadmap & Development) (USD $1500 Value)
- 1 Year Scholarship to Launch Academy’s Lean Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program Basic (USD $588 Value)
- App-Scoop Development Services (1 Year Web Server Hosting, 1 Hour of App-Scoop Expertise for Product Roadmap & Development) (USD $750 Value)
Every attendee at ProtoHack receives a full list of prizes regardless of placing in the top three.
Sunday, April 15, 2018
- 9:00am: Sign-in + Breakfast
- 9:15am: ProtoHack Welcome
- 9:30am: Keynote
- 10:30am: Design Thinking Workshop
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm: Office Hours
- 4:00pm: Demo Expo
- 6:00pm: Dinner
- 7:30pm: Pitch Submission
- 8:00pm: Pitches & Judging
- 9:00pm: Winner Announcements
ProtoHack is a 12-hour experience where you will build a prototype that communicates an idea visually. During ProtoHack you’ll learn how to use the best prototyping tools in the industry, network with like-minded people with various backgrounds, become a better product person, and receive access to prototype tools, learning communities, and prizes worth over $15,000.
Although we encourage you to try some prototyping tools prior to attending ProtoHack, we will begin ProtoHack with an educational workshop on how to use some of the top prototyping tools.
You’ll work with teams of 4 to 6 people over 12 hours to produce a prototype. At the end, your team will present on stage to a panel of judges consisting of business leaders, innovators, and designers to get feedback.